When it comes to dressing for festivals or outdoor music shindigs, my number one rule of thumb is to dress for comfort. Since this will be my first year attending Tomorrowland, I decided to use Digital Dreams Festival (in Toronto) as outfit testing and here are some of my tips:
- Be cautious of sweat colours. Sunshine in the summer is an inevitable fact so one thing to take into consideration is sweat factor. For me, I decided to stick to whites and blacks because they camouflage sweat quite nicely as opposed to grey or coloured shirts.
- Avoid heavy fabrics. Should rain be forecasted for the day, the last thing you want to wear is something that won’t dry. Jeans, for example, are heavier and tend to take longer to dry but linen or cotton shorts are more rain friendly. Light weight jean shorts can definitely be added to the repertoire of what to wear as well.
- Choose FUN Prints. EDM festivals are great places to wear bold/cool prints and patterns. If there’s an after movie and you’re dabbling in the thought of wanting to be in it, bold, crazy or bright pieces are definitely the way to go.
- Bring the right bag! Fanny packs are making a comeback and I’ve seen a ton of people sporting them at EDM festivals. I think they’re great for keeping all your valuables while allowing you to be hands free. Small crossbody bags are also convenient if you’re not a fan of the fanny.
- Protect Your Eyes. Bring some fun sunnies to protect your eyes from the sun and if you’re a hat wearer, I would recommend a nice hat to keep you cool.
Check out the quick snaps we took of my Tomorrowland outfits below. Missing from these pictures, but definitely packed, are the flower headband and a large Canada Flag to show off our Canadian pride.
Enjoy and if you’re heading to Tomorrowland Weekend 1, we hope to bump into you there! If not, let us know what you would wear! <3