A while back, we attended “The Original You” event hosted by HP and learned some sweet photography tips from award-winning commercial photographer, Michael Cooper. The rustic non-profit-artist-run centre, 44 Gallery, was the perfect venue for learning about elements that make the perfect photo!
Photo Tips We Learned:
- Focal Point: use light density, focus, colour and contrast to direct the viewer — think about the star of the photograph and how you can enhance it.
- Perception: whether you’re tall or short, the view is different. Consider different angles and heights to change how something can be seen.
- Think Ahead: If you’re shooting a sports game or a concert, try to predict what will happen to capture action shots.
But there’s one more thing that’s equally as important and that’s printing!! Before the event, we had submitted a couple of our favourite concert shots and were super surprised by the quality of the printing. We were blown away to realize that the photos had come out of the HP Photosmart 7520.
Things We Love About the HP Photosmart 7520 Printer:
- Wireless: print and share wirelessly at home or on the go. With HP eprint or other free apps from HP, you can also print from a smartphone or tablet which I thought was super cool. Of course, you can also send files wirelessly through your computer as well.
- Touch screen: the control panel is responsive and easy to use.
- All-in-One: print documents and photos, make copies and scans, send faxes, access the web and print on the go. It’s fast and you can save time by automatically printing and copying on both sides of a single page. Yupp, that’s right, you don’t have to turn over the pages anymore. YAAY!
- Conserves Energy: it’s ENERGY STAR qualified and it auto sleeps.
- Ink Levels: with one simple touch, you can check the amount of ink left in the cartridges and which ones need to be replaced.
- Photo Quality: print from your computer or use the USB/SD slot to upload your shots. You can edit, crop and even add effects directly on the touchscreen but most importantly, the photos are clear, brilliant, and water resistant. Highlighter friendly too!
I only wish the product was smaller. It’s definitely not the size of your average home printer especially if you’re limited on space. However, that tiny detail aside, we can’t get over how good the pictures look! Seriously, they are SO GOOD!
HP Original Ink:
Using Original HP Ink, the printer can produce vivid, true-to-life photos at (literally) the touch of your fingertips. Perfect additions to our office photo collage and we don’t have to worry about colour fading either! Hurray!
Hope you enjoyed our photos (especially of my cute cat, Tobi)!! I’ve seriously been so obsessed with this printer! Until next time!
Disclosure: I attended “The Original You” event sponsored by HP Canada. HP products mentioned in this post were supplied by HP Canada.
You may also like these posts: