Slice TV’s Big Brother Canada is turning out to be just as intriguing as its American counterpart with an interesting cast in its first season. Honestly, I was a bit skeptical of its potential success until I found out my good buddy, Peter Brown (the web curator), was chosen as one of the HouseGuests.
So… Am I actually going to devote an entire post to one of my best buds? F$%# Yeah!
In all honesty, me and the rest of the DRex team are hoping Peter goes all the way and wins this thing! Peter – if you get voted off next week… damn you, I could have used this time to web troll instead. <3
I’ve known Peter since our first-year studies at the University of New Brunswick. He and I bonded over movie criticism nights and WWF wrestling. However, I think what really sealed our friendship was mutual love for The Simpsons cartoon show.
My fondest memory to date of ol’ Pete is our spring break road trip to Florida some years back. We packed five bros into my Jeep YJ with as much Red Bull we could find and drove 32 hours to the southern state. Since then, Peter and I have remained close friends – ensuring we keep in touch, discuss projects and patiently wait for one of us to win the lottery so we can do what we always wanted… Travel across Canada in a motor home and film a mediocre Breaking Bad-like docudrama.
Sorry to digress… if you’re still reading this you undoubtedly have watched the show. The way he’s played the game so far I think puts him among the top HouseGuests. He’s killing it – always appearing to narrate the outcome and staying on top of his game and the other HouseGuests (whom he mostly hates).
His ‘shield’ alliance with Alec is strong and has held up against numerous attempts to break the two apart. It’ll be up to Peter to keep playing his game smart if he wants to go all the way.
Some interesting facts about Peter you may not know:
1. A Gypsy woman once told Peter that he wouldn’t live past the age of 22. I seriously can’t remember the origins of this story… but I remember poor Peter always taking this prediction to heart. Clearly it never came true though as he’s now 26 years old and looks just as great as me.
2. For some reason Peter would only eat chicken fingers. I’m not sure why but he had some pretty strange eating habits which must make it very hard when he’s a “Have Not” on the show. You need to understand that he’s really struggling here.
3. During university, Peter was never much of a drinker. It wasn’t that he couldn’t handle his booze, but as far as I can remember I don’t recall him ever drinking more than one drink at a party. Non-drinking Peter’s opinion and interpretation of a party night always got my respect because you could count on it being accurate and brutally honest.
4. When Peter moved out west, he did some YouTube videos with internet personality Peter Chao. Some of them were pretty funny, including the video below. Since then he’s pursued his internet persona, Parker Jakobowhitz.
5. Peter is a genius with people – which I think we are all beginning to see based off his performance on the show. But so I say it again, he’s actually a straight up genius. One of the smartest guys I know.
Whether you’re a Peter fan or not, haters gonna hate. But that’s exactly what Peter wants you to do. It’s all part of his master plan.
I’m calling it now – Our good friend will win the first season of Big Brother Canada… if he isn’t voted out for being too good. Then he can drive us around in his new Chevrolet Trax (one of the show prizes).
To find out more about show times and other HouseGuests please visit Big Brother Canada.
[Update: We met up with Peter after the season finale. See the 5 Things Peter Brown Missed While in the BBCAN House]
You may also like these posts: